Kalanchoe Marmorata (Penwiper Plant) | Green Patches - Mediterranean Gardening

Monday, October 3, 2011

Kalanchoe Marmorata (Penwiper Plant)

Leave a Comment
kalanchoe marmorata penwiper
Kalanchoe Marmorata

The latest addition to my succulents is the Kalanchoe Marmorata, also known as the Penwiper Plant.  Here is some general information about this succulent which I collected. 

This plant is a perennial and can be propagated from seed or cuttings in Spring or Summer, since it's the beginning of October now I hope it will stabilise.  This plant enjoys full sun to partial shade so I am not too sure how well it will do in my yard.  It does get alot of light however.  It can grow up to 6 inches tall, which is just about the height of this cutting.  This kalanchoe will bloom white flowers in Spring, over 5cm in spread. 

I got the cutting yesterday from a much bigger plant and placed it in a pot of compost about 4 inches deep.  There is some leaf damage, possibly due to too much sun or too little water.  The spot I chose for it does not get alot of direct sunlight and there is good airflow so in time it should recover.  I may also have placed the plant in too big a pot however I would like this one to spread, it's got such lovely foliage. We don't get any frost here so it should be ok if left outside during the winter months.

I didn't find alot of information about watering needs, other than the fact that it's a succulent so water alot in summer but a little in winter.  All in all this plant should make a nice addition to what I am now calling my succulent shelf.


succulent shelf
My succulent shelf




0 comments:

Post a Comment