Portulaca - A light trim to get it into shape | Green Patches - Mediterranean Gardening

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Portulaca - A light trim to get it into shape

Leave a Comment
portulaca grandiflora, trim
Portulaca before the trim



portulaca grandiflora, trim
Portulaca after the trim

As you can see there is not much difference in the before and after pictures but I decided to give the Portulaca a light trim.  I simply cut off the stems which had dead flowers at the end and no buds in them.  I left all the stems with buds.  I have never trimmed a plant before so I decided to go easy on this one since it is the most successful plant so far :)

Once I finished the trim I watered it with some fertiliser to help it recover from the shock.  We'll see what happens.




0 comments:

Post a Comment