Succulents: Roots Out! | Green Patches - Mediterranean Gardening

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Succulents: Roots Out!

Leave a Comment
In my previous post I mentioned how one of my succulents grew top heavy and collapsed completely over the pot.  I haven't really done anything about that yet but I left it in the same spot ignoring it completely.  I haven't watered it or given it any fertiliser at all, I thought it was dead anyway.

This morning I take another look at it to see how it's doing and I find the stems which I thought were dying have grown roots, right outside the pot in mid air! 


Succulent roots
Roots coming out of the stem


I have already propagated this plant in another pot and I really have no space to put more of these plants.  I need to put this plant to good use and find something else to do with these cuttings. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment