Kalanchoe Flowers for Winter | Green Patches - Mediterranean Gardening

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Kalanchoe Flowers for Winter

Leave a Comment
Kalanchoe, Flowers
Kalanchoe Blooms in January

Kalanchoe, Flowers
Kalanchoe blooms

Well, after alot of debates whether the little blooms that have appeared in November contained seeds or flowers, the question has been answered yesterday morning.  My Kalanchoe is blooming in the middle of Winter, just as expected :)

Since I still don't know the exact type of this plant I had no idea what kind of flowers, if any, would come out.  As it turns out they are lovely small bunches of yellow.  I was also very surprised since it has been such a gloomy winter so far, lots of rain and hail storms it's a wonder it didn't kill all my plants.

It's been a wonderfull surprise but I'm also a bit sad now.  The plant seems to have reached it's full potential, I wonder if it's an annual and will now wither away.  It's such a beautiful plant.  Will just have to wait and see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment