Portulaca - Fast Grower | Green Patches - Mediterranean Gardening

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Portulaca - Fast Grower

Leave a Comment

portulaca grandiflora
Portulaca - Getting fuller now in its new place

I decided the hang the Portulaca since it has long stems with flowers at the end.  They would make for a wonderful hanging basket of flowers.  It is a very easy plant to care for, water it whenever it's dry and leave it pretty much to itself.  It's only been three weeks since I first got it and the growth rate is very good.

The plant only gets about 4 hours of direct sunlight a day in it's new spot but it doesn't seem to mind.  It is growing very fast and I am getting some new flowers now.  I give it some all purpose fertiliser whenever I can remember to do so which is not much. 

The flowers open at first light in the morning and then close again when the plant is in the shade.  This means that I don't get to enjoy them much but the colors are beautiful. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment