Jade Gets A New Home | Green Patches - Mediterranean Gardening

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Jade Gets A New Home

Leave a Comment
Last Saturday I planned to repot the Jade plant as soon as it needed watering, admittedly I didn't think it would be so soon.  Today, Wednesday, it was as dry as a bone so I decided it was time.

Here is the Jade plant in its new home:

jade plant, pot


The pot is not as fancy as the previous one, I had to make do with what I found, it is however, deeper than the previous one, and only slightly wider.  When I removed the plant from the pot there were no roots showing at the sides of the soil, only at the bottom where they jutted out.  This leads me to believe that the roots of this plant go deep rather than spread out, which is why I chose this particular pot.

It might not be the best time of year to be repotting plants, but I couldn't leave it like this all spring and summer.  Then again maybe it is, since it's growing time, I'm not sure yet.  The Jade will have more room to stretch its legs now, hope it settles in nicely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment